This week I am skiing in New York at Holiday Valley. The conditions and weather are great. I am here with 2 of my brothers for our annual ski trip.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Walk - Part 2
The word walk is expounded in Genesis 6 when the author is describing the life of Noah. Verse 9 uses the same word in the same syntax (other than the fact that for Noah it is in the perfect and for Enoch it was in the imperfect) to describe the relationship that Noah had with God. When the two uses are juxtaposed to each other, we understand the relationship that Enoch had with with God. If Noah and Enoch were both said to have walked with God, then we know the following about Enoch since more is said regarding Noah:
- Enoch was a "righteous" man
- Enoch was "blameless" among the people of his time
- Enoch found "favor" in the eyes of the LORD.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
I am reading in Genesis 5 the long list of genealogy from Adam to Noah and to be honest I am ready to skip over it. I choose to plug along and come to verses 22 and 24 and I stop. It says that Enoch walked with God. These questions prompted me to further study:
- What does it mean when it says that Enoch walked with God?
- Did he physically walk with God?
- Why did this author include this?
- What was so special about walking with God that caused Him to take him away?
- Why is there not more said about Enoch? You'd think that if walking with God was so important then wouldn't there be more said of this?
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)